Technorati Profile Navigating Natural Health for Women: Secrets for Great Looking Skin

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Secrets for Great Looking Skin

Being an Acupuncturist and Herbalist somehow it's inferred that I must have perfect health, make perfect food choices, and thereby have perfect skin. I do try however, I am human and do have vices. The number one thing I have noticed that has slowed my aging is a product called GreensFirst. It's a powdered drink that contains 49 super foods, including: green tea, kelp, spirulina, aloe and pro-biotics. I drink this daily and often people think I am younger than my friends by about 5 years. My husband too drinks it and everyone thinks were are the same age (he is 5 years older than I). I am currently 37 years young and my husband 42.


The dark leafy greens and milk thistle support the liver to help with skin tone and decrease liver spots. The high levels of anti-oxidants reduce free radicals slowing the aging process reflective in our skin. This also helps build blood for those who gave birth or suffer from anemia. This is a God-send for nothing ages a woman faster than being blood deficient leaving skin wrinkled and dry. The aloe, tumeric and berries reduce inflammation that speeds aging.

For an added boost before special events I apply a homemade mask of either strawberries or pineapple. The natural acids dissolve your top layer of dead skin revealing a youthful, more vibrant you in only 20 minutes.

Once every five years I do facial rejuvenation with acupuncture and topical herbs to slow aging. This is very dramatic and can make people look years younger after ten treatments. It has become very popular amongst the Hollywood elite.





www.AmericanAcu.com Kristen N. Burris, L.Ac., M.S.T.O.M. is a nationally recognized Acupuncturist and Herbalist who has been featured in Parenting Magazine, Natural Health Magazine, National Public Radio (NPR) and KUSI TV News. Ms. Burris' expertise includes: women’s health, anti-aging, fertility, pregnancy, difficult menstrual cycles, menopausal symptoms, digestive problems, and pain. Ms. Burris has also taught acupuncture to graduate students at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. She and her husband Tony Burris, L.Ac., M.S.T.O.M treat patients with acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutrition as natural medicine in their family-owned, private practice, American Acupuncture Center in Eagle, Idaho. Ms. Burris has treated patients at Top Fertility Centers Nationwide, San Diego Hospice, University of California in San Diego (UCSD) Integrative Clinic, and for UCSD Dental Study.

No comments:

Post a Comment